1. Acquire a satellite or aerial image of the building from a service like Pictometry or Google Earth. Load the image it into RoofCAD and set the scale.
2. Draw the roof outline by clicking the corners of the roof.
3. Use our built in library of roofing symbols to add things like skylights.
4. Print the drawing and take it on site to verify dimensions and roof top objects.
5. Now you can add the finishing touches. First you update the drawing from the site dimensions. The length of a single wall is enough to update the entire drawing with our unique "Rescale"
feature. After that you add all the roof top objects, like drains, curbs etc.
6. Finally you polish the drawing by applying one of the predefined legends supplied with the system. If you also have a RoofCAD license you can further enhance your drawing with photos,
details, arrows and text.
Now you have a completed proposal drawing and takeoff record. The takeoff record looks like this:
To get a look at RoofCAD & Digitizer live, why not schedule a free web demonstration here.
Call us at 866-222-1999